What do you get when you put a love of free stuff, and a love of targeted advertising together? Consumer testing panels! Woo hoo! Did you know that anyone can join the L’Oreal Consumer Testing Panel? If you are interested you can sign up here.
The low down: Complete surveys and take part in home or on site studies, and reap the rewards! For every 5 non-pre-qualification survey you complete, you will get a reward. And when you complete a home study or go out to their New Jersey or Ohio testing center you also get a reward commensurate to the length of the study.
Easy right? It is! The only trick is to check the website regularly so that you can fill out the surveys before their meet their quota (hint, check out the forum at Makeuptalk.com for up to the minute info)! I signed up a long time ago actually, and it wasn’t until recently that I was selected for a study, so you kind of have to be patient with this one. Think CD not stock market type gains here. I was lucky that my study was a 10 week long one so my compensation was EPIC! Here is the run down of the items I received:
1. L’Oreal EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment with Argan Oil – Worth $12.99
4. L’Oreal Paris Ideal Clean Makeup Removing Towelettes – Worth $4.99
5. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado – Worth $28.50 (stoked to try this one out, I have always heard good things about it!)
6. Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Oh My! – Worth $22
7. Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad in Twirling in Tulle – Worth $43
8. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara – Worth $27
9. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen, SPF 100 – Worth $10.99
10. Essie Cuticle Oil Pen – Worth $14
11. L’Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer in Fair/Light Neutral – Worth $8.99
12. L’Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black – Worth $9.99
13. Essie Sleek Stick Nail Applique in Don’t Cheetah On Me – Worth $9.99
14. Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Cream Serum – Worth $84
Whew! It’s like a whole new beauty wardrobe! The grand total comes out to… $290.42! Not bad for a 10 week study right? That is like earning $29.04 a week, or, more precisely, $9.68 per working day (only had to use the products 3 times a week).
So, what do you think? Worth the time investment? Are you going to check it out? Know about other consumer panels? Comment below and lets discuss it!